Monday, January 23, 2012

Posterity 1-9-12

Well, Preident just likes to keep throwing curve balls at me. I already hold the record on the mission for having trained four times. And tomorrow starts the fifth. But here's the curve ball: I'm going to continue training Elder Mateus and will also train et another newbie in a threesome. What is my president up to? But it should be an exciting experience. This threesome situation is temporary, it might last only a couple of weeks. I have no idea what the future holds for me. I'm so confused!

The week was pretty tough in terms of getting lessons taught. We struggled to find people at home. We have so much help from ward members here. There are several ward missionaries that are willingly to go with us to make visits so we are constantly accompanied by members. But everything fell through for three days straight. It was really frustrating. Also the weather doesn't want to cooperate. It has been super hot up until about 4-5 o'clock and then it dumps rain. It's nice that the rain really cools every down but it's no fun to work in the rain. It seems like less people let us in while it's raining. Bummer.

I sat here for a couple of minutes trying to think of other news to share forgetting the most exciting of all! There are 2 apostles coming to the mission next weekend. Elders Andersen and Ballard are coming to Ribeiro Preto! We are going to have another mission conference on the 21st and the stake I'm in will have a special conference with Elder Ballard on the 22nd. (Andersen will preside at the other stake here in the city). I can't wait to meet them, and better yet, learn from them.

I'm currently starting the book of Mosiah in The Book of Mormon. Last week I was reading the ``little books". It's quite amazing how those writers essencially wrote nothing yet wrote so much. I noticed how each of the books talked about the preservation of the Book of Mormon. Those records were so dear to them. I find myself asking, ``do I value them as much as I should. Scripture study is the greatest part of the mission.

Well I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment