Monday, January 10, 2011

First Week with an American

Hey everyone!

This week has definitely had its ups and downs. But, I am really excited to work with Elder Holmes. I loved having two Brazilians as my first companions. It definitely helped me learn Portuguese much faster. I磎 actually kind of worried about being able to maintain it with an American companion. But we already have been able to bond more than I ever did with my first two companions.We have a lot in common and he also went to BYU so we have a lot to talk about. 

Friday and Saturday were miserable days. I got sick with ``gripe创 which basically means the flu. I had a horrible headache and a fever Friday and Saturday I had no energy to do anything. It felt so horrible to be just sitting at home without much to do. It felt awful to be the cause of our lack of work for a couple of days. But we were still able to pull it off for the week and accomplished a decent amount of work. We just lacked having investigators in church. Saturday is a crucial day to pass by all of your investigators and arrange for them to get to church and it obviously wasn磘 able to happen last Saturday. But I磎 feeling pretty good today and this week should be much better, as long as the sickness doesn磘 get passed on to Elder Holmes.

Our ward here in Jandaia got a new Bishopric yesterday. Bishop William was released and replaced with Bishop Rai. Rai was already in the bishopric before and I really liked him a lot. I think he is going to do a lot to help out the missionary work here. It磗 so crucial to have ward members involved in the work. There are a lot of wards in the mission that just dump all the work on the missionaries and it just doesn磘 work out too well. We already have a decent group of people that help a lot but it could definitely improve and I think Rai will be able to help us out. Sadly we lost our Ward Mission Leader....again. When I first got here in the ward Diego was released because he was a bum and didn磘 do anything help us. The new one was called and that was pretty much the last time he came to church. So he was released as well and then we got Reinaldo. Reinaldo was amazing and did a lot to help us out. it was such a blessing to have his help. But now he is in the Bishopric and so we will have to get yet another ward mission leader. I hope our new one will be as good.

Well I guess that pretty much sums up the events for this week. It wasn磘 too eventful, mostly because I got sick. This coming week will hopefully be much better. Hope it goes well for all of you. I love you all!

Elder McLelland



No comments:

Post a Comment