Monday, July 18, 2011

Fat Moon

Alright, so I´ll explain ``fat moon´´. Elder Chaves is learning English with me and actually knows quite a bit already. LAst week on the full moon we were walking home and after a couple of minutes of silence, Elder Chaves said ``fat moon?´´ This is how he thought the translation of full moon should be. i could hardly stop laughing and we always call it fat moon now. I love Elder Chaves.
 
Last week was full of travelling. I went to Ribeirão Preto for a District Leader training that was really good. I wish I had had that when I started so I wouldn´t have been so clueless for the first four weeks. But it was good to already be putting some of that stuff into practice and seeing the better results. We got a really neet talk by President Kimball that talks about following the perfect example of a leader, Jesus Christ. It was a really good day despite losing a whole day of work in my area. I also went to Lins, a city in my District, to do baptismal interviews. THere is a family there that should be baptised this weekend. It´s really rare to baptize a full family (father, mother and children). We are all pretty excited for that. THis week it looks like we might have a baptism in our area as well. The Bishop´s grandson should be baptised on Saturday.
 
This last week was really intense and tough to plan because of all the travelling and we also lost nearly a whole day when President came to interview us. But it was really good last night to look at the results of the week and feel the Lord confirm that He was pleased with the work. We took a couple of less actives to Church and it was really fun to see everyone´s reaction to seeing them again at Church. If only the members would go out and visit these people more often they would come back so much more easily. Every less active we find ends up telling some kind of story of someone saying something offensive or some kind of drama like that in the ward. It´s sad that this kind of stuff happens. And so many more people would be at Church every week if home teaching was done consistently.
 
I can´t believe that next monday is already transfers again. I´m almost 100% sure I will stay with Chaves again. It´s a new Church policy that trainers stay at least two transfers with their trainee. But their is a possibility President might have to break this rule because there are a BUNCH of newbies coming in next week and will be needing trainers. We will see what happens.
 
Well I hope you all have a great week. I ask a small favor that you all pray for Elder Chaves. He has been having a lot of stomach problems and we are going to a doctor´s office to figure it out later this week. I hope it all works out.
 
Elder McLelland

No comments:

Post a Comment