Monday, September 19, 2011

Man, I'm skinny


Y´ello? Was it Mike we made fun of for answering the phone like that? One of the Elders in my district, Elder Farrington, answers the phone like that too and I have to restrain myself from laughing everytime.
 
The picture of me is with one of my new shirts. Thanks! they are so much better. I got both of the packages already. The second one with the shirts got here super quick. It got to the mission office in less than two weeks. Also, the AW Root Beer popsicles are fantastic! I can´t wait to get home and eat a pepperoni pizza with root beer.
 
Well the week was pretty good. But we also had some disappointments as well. Some of our inverstigators that had been progressing decided that they wanted to give up. We taught a young man on wednesday and had a really good lesson with him. He accepted everything and told us that he knew that this is the only true Church on the Earth and the he knew he needs to follow it. We marked a baptismal date with him on the first lesson. We went back Thursday and Friday and he still showed the same excitement. When we went on Sunday morning to pick him up for Church he wasn´t home. He told us later that afternoon that he didn´t want to go anymore because his family is against him going. It was a big let down. We have to go back this week and do our best to get him interested again.
 
But the good news is that we have two baptisms set up for next week: José Henrique, and his little brother Vítor (hey Victor, why did you dad leave?). We have had a bunch of really good lessons with them this last week. José had to stop smoking and it was kind of difficult for him to stop. Vitor went to Church a few weeks ago and didn´t show too much interest. But all of sudden he came up to us in the middle of a lesson with José and asked to be baptized. Of course you can! We are pretty excited about their progress.
 
Tomorrow we have Zone Conference! It´s been a long time since we had zone conference and I´m super excited. We always leave so much more excited and pumped up to work. Plus we have a new assistant, Elder Bell (he is from my CTM group) and I´m really excited to hear his training. Plus at conference you always get to see other missionaries you haven´t seen for months. I cant wait til tomorrow.
 
Well, I guess that about sums it up for the week. It went really well this week and next week....Baptism! Things are finally picking up this area. Baptisms and reactivations of less actives. I love you all. Have a great week!

Elder McLelland


No comments:

Post a Comment