Monday, September 19, 2011

Milagres!


Well, it´s been one of the best weeks ever here on the mission. We finally had some success this week. Just about everything worked out like it should have. The most exciting part, is the baptism of Douglas! The young man we have been working with for a few weeks decided to be baptized and his mom also gave permission. At the beginning she didn´t really seem to serious about letting him participate in the Church but now she actually pays attention when we come to teach lessons. And she went to sacrament meeting and the baptism yesterday. She really liked it and was very proud of her son making this important decision. I could see her deciding to join the Church in not too long as well.
 
The rest of the work also went really well this week. We found a bunch of new people to teach and pretty much everything worked out. I´m just hoping we can keep it up. And we also had transfers this weekend. But, Elder França and I stayed together for another transfer. I was kind of surprised because I was used to the routine of getting transferred so often. This is the first time I stay in the same area for 3 transfers. I´m excited to keep working here, and to help Douglas stay strong.
 
I have really learned a lot this week about the importance of prayer and letting the Spirit do the work. President Prieto always says that we need to throw all the burden of the work on the Spirit. I´ve been trying to do that more and we are surely seeing the changes as a result. I´m more excited than ever.
 
I can´t even really think of what else to say this week. I can´t really express what I´m thinking right now. It was just a fantastic week.
 
The other picture included is me and Elder Shelley at the BBQ restaurant last P-Day. I was drinking lemonde and he was drinking Maracujá (i think dragon fruit in English). Elder Shelley goes home tomorrow. I´m going to miss him. He was one of my best friends here on the mission. I got a little ``trunky´´ too when he talked about all the fun stuff he will get to do at home. The most exciting is American pizza. I can´t wait for a simple pepperoni pizza!
 
Well I hope you all have a great week. This week for sure will be another one for me!
 
Elder McLelland

No comments:

Post a Comment