Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First week in Franca

Howdy everyone!
Well this week has been great. It's been a long time since I've worked so hard. I went through a stretch of companions that didn't want to work super hard. Now with Elder Hepworth we are working a ton again. WE both just had companions that didn't want to work super hard and we are pumped up. The work in this area is a little tough right now but is already improving. The area has gone through quite a few missionaries that were here more to ``make friendship" than to work hard, according as the ward members put it. But they already recognize our desire to change this pattern and work hard. I'm super excited to be here with Elder Hepworth. And so far it has worked out that every transfer I have been close to one of the elders from my CTM group. First transfer with Elder Britton, 2rd and 3rd with Elder Antone, fourth with Britton again, and now with Elder Peterson in my same district. It's been pretty cool.
We did a super p-day today with our zone. Super p-day meaning that our whole zone gets together. We met at the stake center and played soccer for a few hours. I'm not that great at it but I absolutely love playing soccer. I could play for hours on end. But for being a clumsy American I do decently well. Afterwards we went to a member's house to eat. She absolutely loves the missionaries and her home is always available to us on p-days. She made paste (pastels) filled with meat. It was super delicious. I really like my zone. Our zone leaders are a couple of goof balls, I'm going to really like this transfer here.
Well I hope all is going well with all of you. I love you all. I have really learned this week the difference in the spirit you feel when you are more obedient and make sure that your environment is in accordance with the Lord. It truly brings blessings.
Elder McLelland

No comments:

Post a Comment