Monday, August 13, 2012

Mission Tour (July 16, 2012)

On Friday we had an excellent meeting with Elder Claudio R. M. Costa. He is in the first quorum of the Seventy and is the Area Presidency of Brazil. He was also in the Presidency of the Seventy until called as Area Presidency. It was an amazing experience. We have had an extremely spiritual past couple of days as a result. It was strange hearing the meeting with a different perspective. I saw a wonderful example of the type of man and member of the Church I want to be. At the end of the mission you realize how much knowledge you have gained in the past two years. But being around him and his wife gave me so much inspiration and has made me so much more excited for the next phasse of my life. I have so much more spiritual growth ahead of me still.

Up until friday we had a really tough time finding people at home to teach. It seems we have beating our heads against a wall sometimes. But Saturday was the most productive day we have had  in the area. It was wonderful. And our Church meetings were a wonderful show of the results of spirit inspired work. We had 5 invesigators and 10 less actives there. It was a great feeling seeing the results of our work, or rather the Spirit´s work. Because it really isn´t ´´ours´´. 

I gave a talk yesterday in Sacrament meeting too. I was informed on very short notice and had only about 20 minutes to prepare. It´s amazig though, how the mission makes you capable of talking about the Gospel on a short notice. I spoke on the Atonement and repentance. It was the strongest I have ever felt the Spirit while giving a talk. It was marvellous. Our ward has severe reverence problems during sacrament meeting, but it was silent yesterday. One of the best Sundays I have had on the mission.

It´s a really strange feeling being in the last two weeks of my mission. I have lots of questions qoing htrough my head. For example, ``did I really give it my all?´´ I hope to keep my steam going these next two weeks. I think the rest of the elders in my zone are more trunky for me. They always ask questions about me going home soon. I haven´t even been thinking about it as much as then. 

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week. Until next monday!

Elder McLelland

No comments:

Post a Comment