Monday, August 13, 2012

Rapaz do Céu! (July 9, 2012)

Well, this was the best week we have had in the area so far. The first 2 weeks were frustrating, but fun. This last week was still fun and not as frustrating. It was great. We are having a lot of success right with our less active work. We are focusing on reactivating and hopefully baptizing the incomplete families. We haven´t found a whole lote of new investigators this way, but we have had success getting some less actives back to Church.

Things are getting stranger and stranger as it is settling in that I don´t have much time left. I have some goals that I am working on that are going well. For example, I am working really hard to finisht he Book of Mormon before I get home. I am finishing 3rd Nephi right now. Almost there. It´s wonderful studying these scriptures now that I have so much more understanding of the Gospel. It makes so much more sense now.

We had a meeting with the stake president of Araraquara yesterday. He is only 29 and has been stake president for 2 years. He is really young,b ut an amazing leader. The stake is really struggling here but he is going to turn things around. He really wants to correlate the work between the missionaries and the stake leadership. I´ve never worked this close to the leadership and it´s great. Bummer that it´s on the tail end of the mission.

Well, I hope you all have a great week. Things are going fantastic!
Elder McLelland


(PS in case you didn´t believe how much weight I have lost, the included picture is proof. It´s one of my original shirts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment